Nissan Pickup 1996-1997
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Remove the fan shroud, as necessary for access.
- Unfasten the nut from the center of the pump pulley, as required.
Use the drive belt as a brake to keep the pulley from rotating.
- Remove the drive belt(s).
- Remove the pulley and the bracket from the pump shaft.
- Detach the intake and outlet hoses from the pump reservoir. Plug the lines.
- Remove the bolt from the rear mounting brace.
Remove the bracket bolts and then remove the pump.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to refill the system with the proper grade and type fluid.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.