Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses.
- Remove the fan assembly.
- Remove the lower shroud.
- Remove the shroud.
- Disconnect the automatic transmission oil cooler lines, if so equipped. Plug the lines to keep dirt from entering them.
- Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose.
- Remove the radiator retaining mounts.
Remove the radiator from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to refill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct, as required.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.