Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
Remove the drive belt(s).
- Remove the fan.
- Remove the water pump retaining bolts.
- Remove the pump from its mounting.
Discard the gasket.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Remove all traces of gasket and/or sealant from the pump-to-cover mounting surfaces.