Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system. After disabling the system wait three minutes or more before servicing the vehicle. Disconnect the air bag module connector.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
Remove the drive belt(s).
- Remove the fan.
- Remove the water pump retaining bolts.
- Remove the pump from its mounting.
Discard the gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Remove all traces of gasket and/or sealant from the pump-to-cover mounting surfaces.
Apply a continuous bead of liquid sealant to the water pump.
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks, correct as required.
- Using the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent, perform the SRS self diagnostic test and any reconnect/relearn procedures, as required.