Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait 3 minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing any service.
- Drain the cooling system. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
- Properly discharge the air condition system.
Starting at the top, gently pull the center front covers out to detach the clips. Pull the cover out to detach the remaining clips. Remove the covers from both sides.
- If not equipped with heated seats, remove the coin pocket. Remove the center lower cover screws. Pull the cover out and detach the clips. Disconnect the electrical connectors. Remove the cover.
- If equipped with heated seats, remove the screws. Pull the cover out to detach the clips. Disconnect the electrical connectors. Remove the cover.
Detach the clips and release the hooks. Remove the driver-s side console trim side panel. Remove the passenger-s side console trim panel.
- Starting at the top, pull out the console rear trim to detach the clips. Pull out the trim to detach the remaining clips.
- Disconnect the rear heater/AC passenger-s control panel connectors and accessory socket.
- If equipped, disconnect the rear entertainment system jack connector.
- Remove the console retaining bolts and clips. Disconnect the harness clip. Disconnect all connectors. Lift the console up and remove it from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the connector from the rear blower motor relay. Remove the bolts and bracket.
- Disconnect and plug the heater hoses.
- Remove the nuts at the evaporator suction line and the receiver line connections. Plug the lines.
- Disconnect the connector from the dashboard wire harness.
Remove the mounting bolts. Remove the unit from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new O-rings, as required. Coat the O-rings with clean refrigerant oil prior to installation.
- If replacing the evaporator with a new one be sure to fill the unit with the proper grade and type refrigerant oil. Specification is 30 ml.
Properly recharge the air conditioning system.
WARNINGBe sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
NOTEThe power window reset procedure must be performed when disconnecting the battery, removing the No. 1 (20 amp) fuse in the passenger-s under dash fuse/relay box, disconnecting the 18P connector from the power window control unit, removing the window regulator, glass or glass run channel and disconnecting the driver-s door wire harness.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Move the driver-s power window all the way down by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly down to the second detent. When the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO DOWN position for two seconds.
Move the driver-s power window all the way up without stopping by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly up to the second detent. When the window reaches the top, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO UP position for two seconds.
NOTEIf the power window does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure.