- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Turn the ignition switch OFF.
WARNINGDisconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait 3 minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing any service.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
Remove the alternator.
- Remove the bolts from the cooler line brackets. Remove the AC compressor clutch harness clip from the condenser fan shroud. Disconnect the connector.
- Disconnect the condenser fan connector. Remove the harness clips from the condenser fan shroud.
Loosen the lower mounting bolts, then remove the upper mounting bolts and the condenser fan.
- Disconnect the compressor clutch connector. Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines.
- Remove the compressor retaining bolts. Remove the compressor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Be sure to use new O-rings, as required. Coat the O-rings with clean refrigerant oil prior to installation.
WARNINGIf replacing the compressor with a new one be sure to fill the unit with the proper grade and type refrigerant oil.
Properly recharge the air conditioning system.
NOTEThe power window reset procedure must be performed when disconnecting the battery, removing the No. 1 (20 amp) fuse in the passenger-s under dash fuse/relay box, disconnecting the 18P connector from the power window control unit, removing the window regulator, glass or glass run channel and disconnecting the driver-s door wire harness.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Move the driver-s power window all the way down by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly down to the second detent. When the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO DOWN position for two seconds.
Move the driver-s power window all the way up without stopping by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly up to the second detent. When the window reaches the top, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO UP position for two seconds.
NOTEIf the power window does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure.