Removal & Installation
Be sure that you have the anti-theft codes for the audio system and navigation system, if equipped. Record the audio presets.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait 3 minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing any service.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil. Properly dispose of used oil.
Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the subframe stiffener.
- Remove the exhaust pipe.