Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- As required, remove a small amount of brake fluid from the reservoir using a suction pump.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake hose mounting bolt. Disconnect and plug the brake line hose at the caliper.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bolts.
Remove the caliper assembly from its mounting.
WARNINGDo not allow the caliper to hang by the brake line hose, as damage to the hose may result.
- As required, remove the disc brake pads and shims from the caliper.
- Clean the caliper thoroughly; remove any dirt or dust. Check the brake rotor for grooves or cracks and machine or replace, as necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to fill the brake system using the proper grade and type brake fluid.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Check for leaks and correct as required.