Removal & Installation
Be sure that you have the anti-theft codes for the audio system and navigation system, if equipped. Record the audio presets.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait 3 minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing any service.
- Drain the cooling system. Properly dispose of used coolant.
- Disconnect the MAP sensor connector.
- Disconnect the intake air duct.
- Disconnect the throttle body connector.
- Disconnect the water bypass hoses. Plug the hoses.
Remove the throttle body retaining bolts. Remove the throttle body from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new gasket.
- Tighten the retaining bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
Turn the ignition switch ON (II), but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs for about two seconds, the fuel pressure in the fuel line rises. Repeat this two or three times, then check for fuel leaks.
NOTEThe power window reset procedure must be performed when disconnecting the battery, removing the No. 1 (20 amp) fuse in the passenger-s under dash fuse/relay box, disconnecting the 18P connector from the power window control unit, removing the window regulator, glass or glass run channel and disconnecting the driver-s door wire harness.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Move the driver-s power window all the way down by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly down to the second detent. When the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO DOWN position for two seconds.
Move the driver-s power window all the way up without stopping by holding the driver-s power window switch firmly up to the second detent. When the window reaches the top, hold the driver-s power window switch in the AUTO UP position for two seconds.
NOTEIf the power window does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure.
Fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
NOTEUpdate the PCM if it does not have the latest software.
NOTEThe PCM relearn procedure must be performed whenever you replace the PCM, reset the PCM, update the PCM, remove the engine or replace/clean the throttle body. Erasing DTC-s with the HDS tool does not require you to perform the relearn procedure.
- Reset the PCM with the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) tool while the engine is stopped. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (O). Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait thirty seconds. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (O) and disconnect the tool from the DLC.
- Make sure that all electrical items are turned off.
- Reset the PCM with the HDS tool.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II) and wait two seconds.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3000 rpm-s, without a load in either PARK or NEUTRAL until the radiator fan comes on or until the coolant temperature reaches 194 degrees F.
Let the engine idle for about five minutes with the throttle fully closed
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the five minutes.