Honda Pilot 2006-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Connect the Honda Diagnostic Service (HDS) tool to the DLC.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Make sure that the tool communicates with the PCM, if not troubleshoot the DLC circuit.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm-s, without a load in Park or Drive until the radiator fan comes on, then let the engine idle.
- Check the idle speed.
- Jump the SCS line using the HDS tool.
- Connect the timing light in the service loop (white tape).
Check the timing specification under the no load (all accessories off) condition.
NOTEIf not within specification, check cam timing. If cam timing is ok, update the PCM with the latest software package or substitute with a known good PCM. If system works properly, and the PCM was substituted, replace the original PCM.
- Disconnect the tool and the timing light.