Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- As required, remove a small amount of brake fluid from the reservoir using a suction pump.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake hose bracket mounting bolt.
Remove the caliper bracket mounting bolts, then remove the caliper assembly from the knuckle.
WARNINGPosition the unit aside, using mechanics wire. Avoid allowing the caliper to hang by the brake hose. Do not bend or twist the brake hose excessively.
- Release the parking brake.
- Remove the rotor retaining screws.
Remove the rotor.
NOTEIt may be necessary to back off the parking brake adjuster nut to remove the rotor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- If the parking brake shoes were loosened, perform the parking brake adjustment.