Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Drain the differential fluid. Discard the sealing washer.
Matchmark the driveshaft. Remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the left upper arm bolt. Remove the upper arm.
- Remove the left rear shock.
Using the proper tool (A07AADS9VA000 or equivalent), pry out both inboard joints from the differential.
WARNINGDo not strike the pry tool with a hammer.
Position a suitable transmission jack under the rear differential.
- Disconnect the connectors. Remove the mounting bolts and washer.
- Lower the differential a little. Remove the halfshafts from the differential.
- Disconnect the breather tube from the differential.
- Lower the differential and remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new clips, set rings, seals and bolts as required.