REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- The combination switch is located on top of the automatic transaxle housing.
- Open the engine compartment lid and remove the electrical connector from the switch.
The clip on the switch must be opened before attempting to remove the electrical connector from the switch. Damage to the switch may occur if this step is ignored.
- Pry the cable from the pivot pin at the bottom of the shift lever.
- Remove the nut attaching the shift lever to the transaxle shift shaft.
- Remove the two switch attaching bolts at transaxle and remove the switch.
- Install the backup/neutral start switch to transaxle.
- Install the two attaching bolts and torque to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the shift lever-to-transaxle shift shaft attaching nut and torque to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Install the cable assembly to the pivot pin and reconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Place the transaxle shifter in the Neutral position.
- Loosen the bolts attaching the switch to the transaxle case.
- Insert a 2.34mm dia. gauge pin (or rounded shank of a 3 / 32 in. drill bit) into the service adjustment hole. Rotate the switch until the gauge pin drops to a depth of 9mm.
- Torque the attaching bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm) and remove the gauge pin.