REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Label each spark plug wire for proper installation.
- Remove the spark plug and module electrical connectors from the ignition coils.
- Remove the three coil-to-engine attaching bolts.
- Gently pull the coil assemblies from the engine.
- There are two coils that can be replaced separately. Remove the two coil retaining screws and remove the coil.
- Position the coil on the base plate and tighten the retaining screws.
- Position the coil pack assembly onto the engine. Be careful to position the crankshaft sensor properly in the engine. Torque the three coil-to-engine attaching bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12.2 Nm).
- Install the spark plug and module electrical connectors. Reconnect the negative (-) battery cable.