REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Label each spark plug wire for proper installation.
- Remove the spark plug and module electrical connectors from the ignition coils.
- Remove the three coil-to-engine attaching bolts.
Be careful not to damage the crankshaft and module terminals when pulling the coil assemblies from the engine. Pull slowly and carefully away from the engine.
- Gently pull the coil assemblies from the engine.
- Remove the four coil-to-module attaching nuts and bolts and remove the module and crankshaft sensor. Be careful not to damage the crankshaft sensor terminals. Refer to the DIS Coil illustrations in this section.
- Position the module and crankshaft sensor onto backing plate and torque the attaching nuts and bolts to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Position the coil pack assembly onto the engine. Be careful to position the crankshaft sensor properly in the engine. Torque the three coil-to-engine attaching bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12.2 Nm).
- Install the spark plug and module electrical connectors. Reconnect the negative (-) battery cable.