The MAP sensor measures manifold vacuum and sends the signal to the electronic control module (ECM). The sensor is mainly used for fuel calculation when the ECM is running in the throttle body backup mode. The MAP sensor also determines barometric pressure to help calculate fuel delivery. The sensor is mounted on the air plenum assembly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the vacuum and electrical connectors from the MAP sensor.
- Remove the two MAP sensor-to-air plenum screws.
- Position the MAP sensor onto the air plenum and torque the two attaching screws to 88 inch.lb (10.0 Nm).
- Reconnect the vacuum and electrical connectors to the MAP sensor.
- Reconnect the negative (-) battery cable. Start the engine and check for proper operation.