The battery is located in the rear compartment on the passenger's side of the vehicle, under a cover panel.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- In the rear engine compartment remove the two thumb screws holding the battery cover panel to the body, and lift the panel out.
- Remove the black negative (-) battery cable first, then the red positive (-) cable from the battery.
- Remove the battery retainer bolt, located on the bottom front side of the battery (terminal side).
- Loosen the bolts which retain the heat shield and move the shield out of the way.
- Carefully remove the battery.
- Before installing a new battery, check the cables terminals and battery tray for corrosion and clean as necessary. Refer to the Battery Maintenance portion of .
- Reconnect the battery terminals. Make the positive connection first. The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.