REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel as outlined in the "Door Trim Panel" procedure in this section.
- Remove the water reflector and the front run channel.
- Remove the upper door panel assembly.
- Support the door on a floor jack. Use a large towel or piece of rubber to pad the bottom of the door.
- Remove the upper and lower hinge strap bolts at the front of the door.
- Disconnect the wiring harness conduit at the body and pull the harness through the body, if so equipped. Have an assistant hold the door at this point.
- Position the door assembly to the hinges. Install the two bolts at the upper hinge. Coat the door and bolt threads with silicone sealer. Install the two lower hinge bolts coated with sealer.
- Install the outer door panel assembly as outlined in this section.
- Install the wiring conduit and reconnect the wiring harness to the door.
- Prior to closing the door completely, inspect for proper door assembly engagement at the striker and correct door clearance with the fender. The clearance between the door and fender should be 5 / 32 in. (4mm).
- Torque the hinge bolts to 14-20 ft. lbs. (20-28 Nm). Make sure the door closes properly and all electrical devices work properly.
- Install the front run channel, water deflector and door trim panel.
The door is adjusted by the door hinges and striker bolt. The door trim panel and water reflector has to be removed to gain access to the hinge bolts.Door Lock Striker
- Remove the striker with a lock striker Torx® tool J-23457 or equivalent.
- Install a spacer or spacers as required to obtain correct alignment. A 3 / 32 in. (2mm) spacer can be used to obtain the desired alignment.
- Replace the striker bolt and torque to 34-46 ft. lbs. (40-60 Nm).
- Check for up and down, in and out alignment and adjust accordingly.