REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the engine compartment lid as previously outlined.
- Place a 1 3 / 8 in. X 1 3 / 8 in. X 4 in. piece of wood under the torsion rod support and torsion rod as in the illustration.
- Remove the hinge bracket nut and bolt. Remove the torsion rod retaining screw after the tension has been released from the torsion rod.
- Remove the hinge assembly.
- Remove the torsion rod retaining pin with the end of the torsion rod resting against a piece of 12 X 12 X 1 / 2 in. plywood as shown in the illustration.
- Grasp the U end of the rod and pull rearward to release the pin.
- Remove the rod from the hook and the torsion rod from the vehicle.
- Install the torsion rod assembly and position the rod into the hook.
- Install the pin by resting the rod against the plywood and grasp the U end of the rod and pull rearward to insert the pin. Release the U end of the rod and be sure that the end is hooked over the pin.
- Install the hinge assembly using a piece of 1 in. X 18 in. pipe.
- Install the nut and bolt and torque to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
- To increase the tension on the torsion rods, move the pin rearward one hole.
- With as assistant, install the compartment lid to the hinges and line up the marks on the hinges for proper alignment. Torque the retaining bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Close very carefully to check proper adjustment. Adjust as necessary.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the engine compartment lid.