REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The distributor does NOT have to be removed to perform service on the ignition module.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the distributor cap by turning the two or four retaining latches counterclockwise. Move the distributor cap out of the way. Use a piece of string to hold it in place.
- Remove the rotor assembly.
- Disconnect the wiring connectors from the module. Remove the two module-to-distributor retaining screws and remove the module.
- Wipe the distributor base and module clean with a rag and solvent.
- Apply a coat of Dielectric Compound or equivalent to the module, module base and module electrical terminals.
- Install the module to the base and tighten the two module-to-distributor retaining screws. Connect the module electrical connector.
- Install the distributor cap and reconnect the negative (-) battery cable.