REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Do not attempt to correct any lock discrepancies. Make corrections through the replacement of the lock assembly.
- Remove the door trim panel and water deflector as previously outlined in this section.
- Remove the lock rods at the lock assembly.
- Disconnect the door ajar switch wire connector from the main harness.
- Remove the three lock assembly screws and lower the assembly to disengage the outside handle lock bar. Remove the assembly through the access hole in the inner door panel.
- Position the lock assembly into the mounting area. Install the spring clip on the lock assembly.
- Connect the lock rods to the respective clips on the assembly.
- Install the lock assembly retaining screws and torque to 80-100 inch lb. (9-11 Nm). Inspect for proper operation.
- Install the door ajar switch connector, water deflector and door trim panel.