REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Relieve fuel pressure.
Use care in removing the fuel injectors to prevent damage to the electrical connector pins. The injector is serviced as a complete assembly only. Do not immerse the injector in any type of cleaner.
- Remove the throttle body, air plenum and fuel rail assembly as outlined in this section.
- Rotate the fuel injector retainer clip to release the injector.
When ordering new injectors, refer to the part No. on the side of the injector. The injectors are matched to the engine and must be identical to the original equipment.
- Place new O-ring seals on the injector and lubricate with engine oil.
- Install the injector into the fuel rail and turn the retaining clip counter clockwise.
- Install the fuel rail assembly as outlined in the "Fuel Rail" installation procedures in this section.
- Install the air plenum and throttle body assemblies as outlined in the previous procedures.
- Install all vacuum, fuel and linkage lines to their proper positions.
- Reconnect the negative (-) battery cable. Start the engine and check for fuel, vacuum and coolant leaks.