REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the inlet air tube and clamp.
- Disconnect the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Idle Air Control (IAC) valve electrical connector.
- Drain the engine coolant from the radiator.
- Disconnect the engine coolant hoses from the throttle body assembly.
- Remove the throttle and cruise control linkages, if so equipped.
- Remove the two throttle body-to-air plenum bolts and remove the throttle body and gasket.
All throttle body parts can be cleaned in cold immersion type cleaner or equivalent, EXCEPT the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), Idle Air Control valve (IAC). These components MUST be removed before throttle body is placed in the cleaner to prevent damage.
- Clean all medal parts throughly and blow dry with shop air. Make sure all air passages are free of burrs and dirt.
- Clean the throttle body and air plenum mating surfaces with a gasket scraper and solvent.
- Install a new body-to-plenum gasket with the throttle body assembly.
- Install the two retaining bolts and torque to 12.5 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Install the air duct and clamp, throttle linkage and coolant hoses.
- Refill the radiator with engine coolant. Connect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for fuel and coolant leaks.