REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car, support it safely on jackstands and remove the wheel.
- Remove the clamp bolt from the lower control arm ball stud.
- Disconnect the ball joint from the knuckle. Remove the control arm pivot bolts and the control arm.
It may be necessary to tap the ball stud with a mallet.
- Using a 1 / 8 in. drill, drill the rivets approximately 1 / 4 in. deep in the center of the rivet as shown in the "Ball Joint" removal illustration in this section.
- Use a 1 / 2 in. drill and drill just deep enough to remove the rivet head.
- Remove the rivets using a hammer and a punch.
- The ball joint is replaced using nuts and bolts. Torque to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm). Check the toe-in setting and adjust as necessary.