REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The air filter and crankcase separator should be replaced together every 24 months or 15,000 miles (25,000 km). Replace components more often if operated under dusty conditions.
- Remove the air cleaner cover by removing the two 10mm nuts on top of the air cleaner.
- Remove the air cleaner element from the air cleaner.
- To remove the separator, lift up on the air cleaner assembly and move to one side without disconnecting any rubber tubing.
- Remove the separator from the valve cover by pulling straight up.
- Position the separator in the valve cover, install the air cleaner element, cover and tighten the cover nuts to 4 ft. lbs. (5.4 Nm).
The V6 uses a remotely mounted air cleaner canister, connected to the engine via a flexible duct. To replace the paper element, remove the nut securing the canister top, lift off the top and replace the element. Replace the top and tighten the nut to 4 ft. lbs. (5.4 Nm).