REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel and pad as previously outlined.
- Turn the lock to the RUN position.
- Remove the lock plate, turn signal switch or combination switch, and the key warning buzzer switch. The warning buzzer switch can be fished out with a bent paper clip.
- Remove the lock cylinder retaining screw and lock cylinder. Refer to the accompanying illustration.
If the screw is dropped on removal, it could fall into the column, requiring complete disassembly to retrieve the screw.
- Rotate the cylinder clockwise to align the cylinder key with the keyway in the housing.
- Push the lock all the way in.
- Install the screw and torque to 15 inch lbs. (1.6 Nm).
- Install the multi-function switch, lock plate, and steering wheel as previously outlined in this section.