REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel and lock plate as previously outlined.
- Lower the steering column and make sure it is properly supported.
- Put the switch in the OFF UNLOCKED position. Remove the lock cylinder, the rod is in the OFF UNLOCKED position when it is in the next to the uppermost detent.
- Remove the two switch screws and remove the switch assembly.
- Before installing, place the new switch in the OFF UNLOCKED position and make sure the lock cylinder and actuating rod are in the OFF UNLOCKED position. (second detent from the top).
- Position the activating rod into the switch and assemble the switch on the column. Tighten the mounting screws. Use only the specified screws, since over length screws could impair the collapsibility of the column.
- Reinstall the steering column, lock cylinder, lock plate and steering wheel. Torque the steering shaft nut to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).