REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the left instrument panel sound absorber, trim pad and steering column trim collar.
- Remove the horn pad and steering wheel as previously outlined in this section.
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support with jackstands. Remove the steering shaft-to-intermediate shaft connection.
- Remove the column bracket support nut and bolts.
- Remove the shift indicator cable and all electrical connectors.
- Remove the shift cable at the actuator and housing holder and remove the column assembly.
- Install the column assembly to the instrument panel.
- Install the shift cable and housing, electrical connectors and shift indicator cable.
- Install the support nut and bolts and torque in the correct sequence as shown in the illustration. Torque the bolts to 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Install the intermediate shaft-to-upper shaft bolt and torque the bolt to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm).
- Install the steering wheel and horn pad as outlined earlier in this section.
- Install the steering column trim covers and sound insulator. Reconnect the negative (-) battery cable and check for proper operation of serviced components.