REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Detach the electrical harness connectors.
- Remove the vacuum hose and fuel return hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Unfasten the fuel rail retaining nuts, then remove the fuel rail.
See Figure 3
When installing the fuel rail, be sure to lubricate all rubber O-rings with fresh engine oil and to replace any sealing washer that was removed.
- Coat the fuel injector O-rings with a light coating of fresh engine oil and install the fuel rail and secure with the retaining fasteners.
- Connect the fuel line to the fuel rail.
- Install the vacuum hose and fuel return hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Attach the electrical harness connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Pressurize the fuel system by turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Check for leaks, if none are found, start the engine and recheck for any leaks. If any leakage is found, repair as necessary.