Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Unplug the HCU connector by pulling the lock lever up in the direction of the arrow.
- Place an match mark on the brake pipes and HCU to mark their locations, this will aid in installation.
- Apply protective tape to the connector to prevent brake fluid from entering.
- Remove the brake pipes.
- Remove the nut and the HCU brake pipe and the HCU.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Refer to the illustration for component location and torque values. Also please note the following:
- Align with the mark made before removing the brake pipe and temporarily install the brake pipe to the HCU. Tighten the brake pipe to the torque shown in the illustration.
- Bleed the brake system.