- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the system
- Remove the right hand splash shield and fresh air duct.
- Remove the drive belt.
Disconnect the cooler hose (LO) and cooler hose (HI). Do not allow remaining compressor oil in the refrigerant line to spill.
CAUTIONIf moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise or other malfunction could occur. Always plug open fittings immediately after removing any refrigeration cycle parts.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Unfasten the bolts and remove the compressor.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the bolts to the specifications shown in the illustration.
- Remove 5.07 fl. oz. (150 ml) of compressor oil from the new A/C compressor when replacing the A/C compressor
- Evacuate and charge the A/C system.