- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the system.
- Pull up the coolant reservoir.
Remove the fresh-air duct, radiator bracket, air cleaner, resonance chamber, and mass airflow sensor connector.
CAUTIONIf moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise will occur. Always immediately plug all open fittings after removing any refrigeration cycle parts to keep moisture or foreign material out of the cycle.
NOTETwo kinds of condensers are used: TYPE A (condenser without pipe) or TYPE B (condenser with pipe)
Remove the high pressure hose (1), the Type A or Type B refrigerant pipe (2) from the condenser and remove the condenser (3).
CAUTIONDo not allow compressor oil to spill.
- Install in the reverse order of removal, noting the following:
- When installing a new condenser, add about 1.0 oz. supplemental amount of ATMOS GU10 compressor oil into the refrigeration cycle.
- Evacuate and recharge the system.
- Perform refrigerant system performance test.