Removal & Installation
1.6L (Zm) Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the oil, dirt and old sealant from all contact surfaces.
- If the oil seal was removed from the oil pump, apply clean engine oil to the lip of the seal. Push the seal in lightly be hand. Press the seal, with a protrusion of 0.02-0.04 inch (0.5-1.0mm) into the oil pump with a Seal Installer tool 49 B014 001.
- Apply a bead of silicone to the oil pump at the cylinder block contact surface, going inside the bolt holes.
Install or connect the following:
New O-rings on the oil pump
- Fill the engine with clean oil.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.