Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONAfter disconnecting the battery, wait for more than 1 minute for the SAS to deplete its stored energy.
- Place the wheel in the straight-ahead position and turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
Remove the SAS module and the steering wheel by removing or disconnecting the following:
Cover clips at both sides of the steering wheel
- Install switch, tighten the screws and attach the connector.
Set the front wheels straight ahead. Install the clock spring.
CAUTIONThe clock spring will break if over wound. Do not force the clock spring when turning it.
- Turn the clock spring clockwise until it stops.
- Turn the clock spring counterclockwise 2.75 turns.
Align the mark on the clock spring with the mark on the outer housing.
Install the SAS module and the steering wheel by installing or connecting the following:
Steering wheel-to-column nut
- Connect the negative battery cable.