Mercury Villager 1993-2000
Nissan Quest 1993-2000
- Position the vehicle with the front wheels in a straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Wait at least ten minutes for the air bag back-up power supply to drain before continuing.
- Proceed with the repair.
- Once complete, connect the battery cables, negative cable last.
- Check the functioning of the air bag system by turning the ignition key to the RUN position and visually monitoring the air bag indicator lamp in the instrument cluster. The indicator lamp should illuminate for approximately seven seconds, then turn OFF . If the indicator lamp does not illuminate, stays on, or flashes at any time, a fault has been detected by the air bag diagnostic monitor.