Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Using a flare nut wrench, label and remove the four brake lines from the load sensor proportioning valve.
- Mark the eye bracket location to ensure proper installation. Remove the two eye bracket bolts.
- Remove the two load sensor proportioning valve bolts.
Remove the load sensor proportioning valve from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of removal, but please note the following important steps.
- When installing the load sensor proportioning valve bolts, tighten them to 14 - 18 ft. lbs. (20 - 25 Nm).
- When installing the eye bracket, be sure to place it in its original position, noting the marks made during removal. Tighten the bolts to 15 - 20 ft. lbs. (21 - 26 Nm).
- When installing the brake line flare nuts, tighten them to 11 - 13 ft. lbs. (15 - 18 Nm).
- Fill the master cylinder reservoir, as necessary, using only new DOT 3 or equivalent brake fluid.
- Properly bleed the brake system. Please refer to Bleeding the Brake System for the procedure.