Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle. Please refer to Drive Train, Automatic Transaxle, Removal and Installation for the procedure.
- Mark the location of the flywheel to the crankshaft.
- Remove the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts.
- Remove the flywheel and flywheel reinforcing plate.
- Clean any old sealant from the flywheel bolt holes and bolts.
- Place the flywheel and flywheel reinforcing plate into position, aligning the marks made during removal.
- Apply Loctite® or another similar, commercial non-hardening sealant to the threads of the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts.
- Install the bolts and tighten them to 61-69 ft. lbs. (83-93 Nm).
- Install the transaxle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.