- Make sure the liftgate can be easily closed and the hinges are not loose. The hinges must be replaced if they are loose.
- Adjust the liftgate vertically and horizontally by loosening the liftgate hinge-to-bolts. Reposition the liftgate so that it is centered evenly in the liftgate opening.
- Tighten the liftgate hinge-to-liftgate bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
Removal & Installation
Hydraulic Lift/Support Cylinders
- Support the liftgate with something other than the liftgate hydraulic lifts.
- Remove the upper, then the lower luggage compartment door hydraulic lift clips.
- Remove the hydraulic lift.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.