Mercury Villager 1993-2000
Nissan Quest 1993-2000
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Please refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure for the procedure.
- Install an in-line fuel pressure gauge between the in-line fuel filter and the engine.
- Without starting the engine, turn the ignition switch on.
- Observe the fuel pressure gauge. The reading should be 40-43 psi (275.8-296.5 kPa).
- Start the engine and observe the gauge. The reading should be 36-38 psi (248.2-262.0 kPa).
If there is no fuel pressure or the pressure is low, check the inertia fuel shutoff switch, fuel lines and hoses, in-line fuel filter, fuel pump, and the fuel pressure regulator. If the fuel pressure is high, check the fuel pressure regulator and fuel return line.