Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONNever open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the radiator and recycle the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the cooling fan wiring clamp and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Disconnect the coolant recovery tank hose.
- Slide the radiator coolant recovery tank off of the bracket and remove the tank.
- Remove the bolt from the fuse and relay panel and position the panel aside.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
- Remove the left and right cooling fan shroud nuts.
- Unfasten the wiring harness from underneath the fan shroud.
- Slide the cooling fan up out of the lower mounting slots and remove it from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the upper and lower transaxle cooling lines from the radiator and plug the lines.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
- Remove the bolts from the radiator brackets and remove the brackets.
- Slide the radiator up out of the lower mounting insulators and remove it.
- The installation is the reverse of removal.