Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable be sure that the ignition switch and headlight switches are off.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable, certain systems will have to be initialized after reconnecting the cable. These systems are adaptive front lighting system, power window control system, power back door system, SRS system, audio system, sliding roof system and certain DTC codes. Be sure to write down any important information before disconnecting the cable. The Toyota scan tool, or equivalent, must be used. Follow the directions on the appropriate scan tool to complete initialization procedure.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Drain the radiator. Properly dispose of used coolant.
Remove the wiper arm, left and right ventilator louvers, wiper motor, hood, outer cowl top panel assembly and instrument panel reinforcement.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines at the fire wall.
- Disconnect and plug the heater hoses at the fire wall.
Remove the blower unit.
Remove the air conditioner unit.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Be sure to properly align the drain hose. See illustration
- Be sure to properly align the heater hose retaining clamps. See illustration
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Be sure to properly recharge the air conditioning system.
- Start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
- Operate the air conditioning system. Correct problems, as required.