Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable be sure that the ignition switch and headlight switches are off.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable, certain systems will have to be initialized after reconnecting the cable. These systems are adaptive front lighting system, power window control system, power back door system, SRS system, audio system, sliding roof system and certain DTC codes. Be sure to write down any important information before disconnecting the cable. The Toyota scan tool, or equivalent, must be used. Follow the directions on the appropriate scan tool to complete initialization procedure.
- Remove the right side cowl trim, door scuff plate, under cover and panel.
- Remove the CD changer.
- Remove the passenger air bag assembly.
- Remove the blower motor unit retaining screws.
- Remove the air duct.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
Remove the component from the vehicle.
- Remove the air inlet servo retaining screws.
- Remove the motor.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.