Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable be sure that the ignition switch and headlight switches are off.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable, certain systems will have to be initialized after reconnecting the cable. These systems are adaptive front lighting system, power window control system, power back door system, SRS system, audio system, sliding roof system and certain DTC codes. Be sure to write down any important information before disconnecting the cable. The Toyota scan tool, or equivalent, must be used. Follow the directions on the appropriate scan tool to complete initialization procedure.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the upper radiator seal.
- Remove the front bumper.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines at the condenser.
- Remove the condenser retaining bolts.
Remove the component from the vehicle.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new O-rings, coated with clean refrigerant oil.
- Be sure to charge the system using the proper grade and type refrigerant.
- Start the engine and check for proper operation, correct as required.