Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable be sure that the ignition switch and headlight switches are off.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable, certain systems will have to be initialized after reconnecting the cable. These systems are adaptive front lighting system, power window control system, power back door system, SRS system, audio system, sliding roof system and certain DTC codes. Be sure to write down any important information before disconnecting the cable. The Toyota scan tool, or equivalent, must be used. Follow the directions on the appropriate scan tool to complete initialization procedure.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the necessary components in order to gain access to the converter assembly.
- As required, disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical wire.
- Properly support the exhaust system.
- Remove the converter retaining bolts.
- Remove the converter from its mounting.
Discard the gaskets.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new gaskets.