Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to disable the SRS system.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable be sure that the ignition switch and headlight switches are off.
NOTEWhen disconnecting the cable, certain systems will have to be initialized after reconnecting the cable. These systems are adaptive front lighting system, power window control system, power back door system, SRS system, audio system, sliding roof system and certain DTC codes. Be sure to write down any important information before disconnecting the cable. The Toyota scan tool, or equivalent, must be used. Follow the directions on the appropriate scan tool to complete initialization procedure.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the instrument panel.
Remove the component from its mounting.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use new O-rings coated with clean refrigerant oil. Tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
- Be sure to properly charge the air conditioning system.
- Check the system for proper operation. Correct as required.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.