Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the brake hose from the caliper by removing the union bolt and 2 gaskets. Plug the end of the hose to prevent loss of fluid.
- Remove the caliper mounting bolts.
- Remove the caliper, pads, shims and support plates.
- Grease the caliper slides and bolts with lithium grease or equivalent. Install the support plates, shims, pads and caliper and secure with the bolts. Torque the bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Connect the brake hose to the caliper, using 2 new washers. Make sure the flexible hose lock is securely in the lock hole of the caliper. Torque the union bolt to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Fill the brake system to the proper level and bleed the brake system.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Top off the brake fluid level in the master cylinder. Check for leaks and proper brake operation.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.