- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
Adjust parking brake shoe clearance, as follows:
- Unbolt and remove the caliper (do not disconnect the fluid line) and the rotor)
- Temporarily install the hub nuts.
- Remove the hole plug, and turn the adjuster and expand the shoes until the disc locks.
- Contract the shoe adjuster until the disc can rotate smoothly. Standard : Return 8 notches
- Check to make sure there is no brake drag.
Install the hole plug.
- Install the rotor and caliper.
- Install the rear wheel and tire assembly and tighten the lug nuts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Check the parking brake pedal travel:
If necessary, adjust the parking brake travel, as follows:
- Confirm that the parking brake pedal is released.
- Fix the turn buckle and loosen the lock nut -A-.
- Rotate the turn buckle to adjust the parking brake pedal travel to the specification.
- Fix the turn buckle and tighten the lock nut -A- to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
After operating the parking brake several times, check the parking brake pedal travel.
NOTEIf adjustment cannot be done by loosening the nut -A-, adjust the travel by loosening the nut -B-. The tightening torque for nut B is 9 ft. lbs. (12.5 Nm).
- Check whether parking brake drags or not.
When operating the parking brake pedal, check that the parking brake pedal indicator light lights up.