Lexus RX300 1999-2003
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the power steering fluid into a suitable container.
Disconnect the hoses.
WARNINGDo not spill any power steering fluid on the belt.
WARNINGDo not drop the oil pressure switch. If the oil pressure switch is dropped or damaged, it must be replaced with a new one.
- Loosen the 2 bolts and remove the power steering pump belt.
- Loosen botl A so the pump can be removed. Remove bolt B and power steering pump assembly.
- Temporarily install the power steering pump with the 2 (A and B) bolts.
- Install the power steering pump belt and adjust the belt tension, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section.
- Torque bolt A to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm), then tighten bolt B to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
Connect pressure feed tube, as follows:
Using a wrench to hold the pressure port union, connect the pressure feed tube with the union bolt and a new gasket. Tighten the bolt to 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm).
NOTEMake sure the stopper of the pressure feed tube touches the front bracket as shown in the illustration, then install the union bolt.
- Using a wrench to hold the pressure port union, connect the pressure feed tube with the union bolt and a new gasket. Tighten the bolt to 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm).
Install the oil pressure switch to the union bolt and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
NOTEBe careful not to prevent oil from getting on the connector.
- Attach the oil pressure switch connector.
- Connect oil reservoir to pump hose no.1 and install the clip.
- Bleed the power steering fluid, as outlined later in this section.
- Check for power steering fluid leaks.