Removal & Installation
- On 2WD, unbolt the brake hose from the shock absorber.
- Remove the caliper installation bolt from the torque plate.
- Lift the caliper up and secure it.
Remove the pads, 4 shims and 4 support plates.
NOTEThe support plates can be reused, provided they have sufficient rebound, are not deformed or cracked, show no signs of wear and are cleaned of all rust and debris.
- Install the support plates.
- Apply disc brake grease to both sides of the anti-squeal shims.
- Install the anti-squeal shims.
- Install the inner pad with the wear indicator plate facing upwards.
- Install the outer pad.
- Install the caliper. Torque the bolt to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- On 2WD, connect the line to the shock absorber. Torque the bolt to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).