Removal & Installation
- Remove transmission and transfer case, if equipped.
- Remove spring clip.
- Disconnect release bearing from release fork and remove bearing.
- Inspect bearing slide surface on transmission front bearing retainer. Replace retainer if slide surface is scored, worn, or cracked.
- Inspect release lever and pivot stud. Be sure stud is secure and in good condition. Be sure fork is not distorted or worn. Replace fork spring clips if bent or damaged.
- Lubricate input shaft splines, bearing retainer slide surface, lever pivot ball stud, and release lever pivot surface with Mopar® high temperature bearing grease.
- Install release fork and release bearing. Be sure fork and bearing are properly secured by spring clips. Also be sure that the release fork is installed properly. The rear side of the release lever has one end with a raised area. This raised area goes toward the slave cylinder side of the transmission.
- Install clutch housing, if removed.
- Install transmission and transfer case.
- Check clutch master cylinder fluid level.