Removal & Installation
The release bearing and slave cylinder are serviced together as an assembly. Do not attempt to separate the bearing from the slave cylinder.
- With vehicle in neutral, position vehicle on hoist.
- Disconnect hydraulic line from hydraulic slave cylinder with Line Disconnect Tool 6638/6638A.
- Remove transmission.
- Remove slave cylinder bolts and remove cylinder.
- Install slave cylinder onto transmission and tighten bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install transmission assembly.
- Connect hydraulic line to slave cylinder.
- Bleed the system.